Karora Posts Strong First Quarter

Canadian miner Karora Resources posted a positive start to the first quarter based on their Higginsville Mining Centre and Kambalda Beta Hunt operations. Announced to the market late Friday night Western Australia time, Karora posted gold production of 24,694 ounces and gold sales of 25,547 ounces. While Karora nickel production is currently limited to remnant nickel …

Share:

Northern Star Set for May Reserve Resource Upgrade

ASX 100 Miner Northern Star Resources has delivered its March 21 quarterly activities report noting strong progress to a May Reserve resource upgrade – Which Managing Director Raleigh Finlayson mentioned on a conference call to “watch this space”. Whilst reporting that factors such as a 14 day mill shutdown at KCGM modernising mill control systems, Unplanned maintenance at Thunderbox on the mill motor and lower head grades at Pogo.   Northern Star reported underlying …

Share:

Drilling Commences At Ravensthorpe

Drilling commenced yesterday at the Medallion Metals Ravensthorpe Gold Project, between Hopetoun and Ravensthorpe in the South East of Western Australia. The 32,000m drill program will include around 26,000m at the Kundip Mining Centre which according to 2012 JORC gold Mineral Estimates entails around 674,000oz. Further targets at Kundip centre on known deposits of Flag, Harbour View and Kaolin, while also looking at near mine potential sites of Gem Restored and …

Share:

Regis Enters Agreement For Independence Stake In Tropicana

IGO has this morning announced it has entered into a binding agreement with Regis Resources for the sale of its stake in Tropicana Gold Mine. Independence held a 30% stake in the mine with AngloGold Ashanti holding the remaining 70%.   According to IGO Managing Director and CEO Peter Bradford, the sale allows IGO to concentrate on its focus …

Share:

St Barbara Mines Aquire Lake Wells Tenements

Gold miner St Barbara Mines has acquired a 70% interest in the tenements comprising of Australia Potash Limited’s Lake Wells Gold Project in the Northern Goldfields of Western Australia.  As released to the market today, St Barbara and Australia Potash have now formed an unincorporated Joint Venture to continue the exploration, development and mining of mineral resources on the project. Under the …

Share:

New Nickel Discovery At Kambalda’s Beta Hunt Mine

A new high grade nickel discovery has occurred at Karora Resources Beta Hunt Mine at Kambalda in Western Australia. Named the 50C Nickel Trough, the discovery is the second new nickel discovery at the mine in the last six months and compliments an increasing gold system at the mine. With a key nickel intersection of …

Share:

Savannah Set To Restart – Letters of Intent Placed

Hot on the heels of the Cassini mine opening near Kambalda recently, another Western Australian nickel project is making the move this morning – Panoramic Resources Savannah Nickel Project in the East Kimberley. Panoramic is preparing with the restart of mining from August 2021 and the first shipment of concentrate earmarked for December. A 12-year mine life with an average annual production target of 9,072t nickel, 4,683t copper, and 676t cobalt …

Share: